Saurashtra Janata Paksha (SJP) has developed a donation refund policy as part of our commitment to honoring and respecting the financial contributions that people make to us. All donations are disbursed in a timely fashion to SJP supported projects working for the betterment of Gujrat to ensure that the program objectives are met. SJP relies on donations to design and implement the work and achieve the outcomes. We recognise the importance of donations and want to ensure we establish appropriate principles of transparency and fairness with regard to the management of refunds.
This policy outlines the circumstances under which SJP will refund a donation. This policy is applicable for only for Non-earmarked donations. Donations to specific project/Corporate donations are not refundable.
This policy applies to all those who make financial donations to SJP and to SJP volunteers responsible for processing and managing financial donations.
| POLICY STATEMENT
SJP expects that anyone wishing to donate considers their decision carefully and checks donation amounts during transactions. SJP recognises that it is possible to make an error when making an on-line donation or for the donors to change their mind about the donation made. It can also occur that an error is made by SJP or our payment gateway. Under this policy SJP will endeavour to refund donations in accordance with the following rules:
- If an error is made in making a donation or if the donor changes their mind, we will honour all requests for refund that are made in writing within 15 (fifteen) days of the date the donation was made. The written refund request should include the details of the initial transaction including date, donation amount, donor’s name, ID, tax invoice number and the nature of the error.
- Written requests for refund should be made through Email only. (Email address of the party is mentioned below) Subject line of the mail should be, “Refund of Donation Made on dd/mm/yyyy via receipt or transaction number: xxxxxx”
- SJP will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavour to ensure that genuine errors are rectified. However, after 15days SJP is under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at SJP’s discretion.
- SJP will only process refunds on return of tax exemption certificate or a written declaration that the previous receipt will not be used by donor
- Based on the written request from a donor, amount is adjusted by SJP, the original donor receipt issued for the incorrect amount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued by us for the amount of the adjusted donation.
- SJP reserves the right to pass any refund transaction charged onto the donor
- Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – for example if a donation has been made by credit card, the refund will be credited by SJP to that same credit card
- Should an error be made by SJP or our financial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be made once SJP is notified of the error in writing.
All SJP volunteers responsible for receiving and processing donations shall:
- respect and value all those who donate to us.
- ensure donation processes are secure and transparent
- build trusting relationships with regular donors and partners
- respond proactively to any issues arising with regard to donation refunds
- communicate respectfully and professionally with those who request a refund and raise any issues or concerns
- that arise with SJP management regarding donation refunds.